With a track record as a highly accomplished and results-driven writer, proofreader, editor, blogger and social media/SEO specialist; I offer more than 15-years’ experience communicating information to diverse audiences in ways that capture interest, provide key information and increase profitability.
I have proven expertise in writing, editing and reporting news across various multi-media channels.
I maintain mastery of AP style and utilize command of English language to effectively edit/proofread content.
Below is the list of some of my technical proficiencies:
WordPress, HTML, Photoshop, InDesign, Google G-Suite, Pixlr, Audacity, Podcast production, MarketMuse, TrueAnthem, Chartbeat, SocialFlow, Microsoft 365, ExactTarget, CCI Newsdesk and Newsgate, AP Style, Chicago style, SEO.
I am an articulate and refined communicator with excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
Connect with me today, or email me at Lisa@Lisahornung.com to find out how I’ll implement the best news editing practices to achieve your organization’s strategic missions!
Here is my LinkedIn.
Here is my resume:
- Writing, reporting
- Multi-media, social media
- Print media, digital media
- Articles, publications
- Editorials, public affairs, news
- Ideation, research
- Interviewing, training
Bachelor of Arts in Journalism, University of Georgia
Master of Arts in History, Eastern Kentucky University
- Freelance writer, editor (current position)
- Create quality content for newspapers, magazines and websites specializing in books, food, travel, arts, pets and business news.
- Develop content published in USA Today, The Bark, Style Blueprint, Insider Louisville, Group Travel Leader and more.
- Ensure maximum accuracy and clarity, while meeting deadlines.
- Part-time copy editor for Axios.com; editor-in-chief of Information Technology Strategy Report for FlyoverFuture.com; correspondent for Powerpoll.com Louisville.
Associate editor 2019-2022
- Collaborated with editors and managers to ensure creation of most dynamic, clean and relevant content for the readers. Leveraged professional skills in editing stories, managing freelancers, writing headlines, optimizing articles for SEO, adding links, formatting pages, creating newsletters, improving social media presence and discovering images and illustrations. Identified and resolved AMP errors and update older posts for clarity and SEO.
- Trained and guided new employees to enhance performance and productivity.
- Acquired HTML training to enhance professional capabilities.
- Transitioned to a fully remote working environment, while effectively communicating and carrying duties through collaboration software.
Jewish Community of Louisville
- Developed and edited stories for the weekly Newspaper Community. Liaised with local media to secure placement on local television shows and in print.
- Spread awareness about JCC of Louisville, the Jewish Federation of Louisville and the Jewish Community Relations Council through effective social media management.
Gannett Regional Design Studio, Louisville
Copy editor, 2011-2013
- Picked and edited wire stories for 20 regional Gannett newspapers. Wrote and edited headlines and captions.
- Facilitated local editors in selecting best wire stories for the papers.
History Instructor at Eastern Kentucky University and Bellarmine University
Copywriter, Proofreader at Humana
Copy Editor, Writer, Metromix.Com Editor at Louisville Courier-Journal, Velocity Magazine, Metromix.com
Editor at The Richmond Register | The Kentucky Standard
City Editor at The Sandusky Register
Writer, Photographer, Copy Editor at The Daily Union
WordPress, HTML, Photoshop, InDesign, Google G-Suite, Pixlr, Audacity, Podcast production, MarketMuse, TrueAnthem, Chartbeat, SocialFlow, Microsoft 365, ExactTarget, CCI Newsdesk and Newsgate, AP Style, Chicago style, SEO
Kentucky Waterways Alliance, Kentucky Historical Society, GRRAND Golden Retriever Rescue